How To Properly Care For Your STATIM Sterilizer
If you have purchased a STATIM recently or are planning on purchasing one, here are some brief tips on how to avoid any problems with your newly acquired cassette sterilizer and keep the day-to-day operations of your office running smoothly.
Please remember that Atlas Resell Management is solely responsible for the instructions in this article; these instructions have not been approved or written by Scican.
Proper Care of the STATIM Cassette
To ensure that your cassette continues to function properly:
- Clean the cassette once a week with mild, chlorine-free dishwashing soap
- Spray the cassette with Stat-dri (or equivalent) after each cycle to promote faster cassette drying
- Lubricate the rubber cassette seal once or twice a week with a mild liquid soap—not antibacterial soap
- Do not overfill the cassette; closing the lid of an overfilled cassette can damage it
Proper Care of the STATIM Unit
To help your STATIM continue to function correctly:
- Never insert the cassette into the STATIM upside down
- Check the bottom of the cassette for small debris after each cycle
- Confirm that the bubble in the level indicator is at the 3:00 or 4:00 position before operating
- Check under the STATIM regularly for water; water under the STATIM indicates a steam leak.
- Empty the waste bottle once per week
- Always use distilled water
To prevent your STATIM from requiring costly repairs:
- Change the cassette seal every 800 to 1000 cycles, or once per year
- Change the air compressor filter every 6 months
- Have the water filter cleaned every 2 years by a qualified service technician
After reading through this info, we suggest downloading our sterilizer preventative maintenance checklist.