Used Dental Air Abrasion Unit | Danville Prepstart
The Prep-Start by Danville is a dental unit used in small composite Class I to VI restorations, surface preparation before bonding, and stain and cement removal.
It features 3-stage air filtration, adjustable abrasive flow, adjustable pressure control, and can use either 27 or 50 micron aluminum oxide powder. The PrepStart offers a compact size and is easy to connect/disconnect and transport within dental clinics.
- Crisp on/off control
- Instantaneous response to foot pedal
- Even and precise abrasive flow
- Multiple tip sizes and angles
- Adjustable pressure and abrasive flow
- Integrated air filtration
- Compact design
- Consistent abrasive flow creates precise preps
- Easily transported and functions well without clogging
- Easy to use
- Less expensive than compressor-powered air abrasion units.
- It is recommended that only Danville 50 and 27 micron abrasives be used as they are dry, high purity alpha alumina and specially formulated for maximum performance. Other powders can result in poor performance or equipment damage, powders other than Alpha Alumina should never be used based upon health concerns. Abrasives readily absorb moisture from the air and become thickened which results in plugging. Keep abrasives tightly capped. Dry abrasive should flow like water. Moist abrasive will "avalanche" when poured or even clump. Tan color abrasives will stain white surfaces.
- Never reuse spent powders. Both microns are ideal for all applications; 50 micron cuts slightly faster, 27 is considered by some to induce less sensitivity.
Weight (lb.): 70.5
Dimensions (inches): 6.5 x 5.5 x 9