Used Dental Caries Detection Laser | KaVo Diagnodent Pen
The KaVo DIAGNOdent Pen is a hand-held laser caries detection aid that measures changes in tooth structure caused by carries. It is especially useful for pit and fissure areas - even when the outer tooth surface seems to be intact. The DIAGNOdent pen is a tool that helps dentist's detect concretions or caries in teeth that have been thoroughly cleaned. The tooth substance is caused to fluoresce with a laser light. The DIAGNOdent pen recognises this fluorescence and the differences between healthy and diseased tooth substance is displayed by the DIAGNOdent pen.
- Easily visible and readable DIAGNOdent values
- No cable necessary
- Compact, portable device with user-friendly design
- Uses light energy-no X-ray exposure
- Accurate in detecting lesions not detectable with an explorer or bitewing X-rays
- Prevents exploratory excavation or under-treatment of suspect teeth
- Precise, reliable measurement allows objective monitoring of caries activity over time.
- Allows dentists and hygienists to treat questionable sites and sub-surface caries
- Allows hygienists to educate patients on caries disease process
- Easy to use.
- Safe. Poses no danger to staff and patients. Painless, non-invasive examination by patients
- The KaVo product is not permitted to be used in areas subject an explosion hazard.
Dimensions: : 8.6" Length x 1.3" Diameter
Weight:: 3.88 oz
Voltage 1 good quality Alkaline LR6 battery: 1.5 V
Intensity: < 1 mW
Wavelength: 655 nm
Protection category covered: IPX0
Calibration temperature: +22°C ± 2° C
Relative Humidity: 30% RH to 75% RH