Used Dental Laser Dentistry | Midwest Caries I.D.
DENTSPLY’s Midwest Caries I.D.™ detection handpiece provides clinicians with an accurate, easy-to-use, portable instrument to aid in identifying the presence of occlusal and interproximal caries in molars and pre-molars. The Midwest Caries I.D. detection handpiece uses infrared and red LEDs, as well as a fiber optic probe to distribute light to the exam area. The Midwest Caries I.D. detection handpiece then captures the resulting reflection and refraction from the enamel rods in the tooth.
- Uses infrared and red LEDs, as well as a fiber optic probe to distribute light to the exam area
- Visual and Audible Signals
- Infrared and Red LEDs
- Fiber Optic Probe
- Lightweight, Cordless Handpiece
- Visual and audible signals
- Improves clinician comfort and reduces hand fatigue
- Easy-to-Use, Portable Handpiece
- Wet Environment Workability
- Enhanced Operation Visibility
- Providing clinical access and enhanced visibility
- Provides an ideal end-user interface.
- Provides clinicians with an accurate, easy-to-use, portable instrument
- Aid in identifying the presence of occlusal and interproximal caries in molars and pre-molars
- It also works in wet environments, so you don’t have to spend time drying the teeth.
- Only the Probe, Shell, and Calibration Target are steam autoclavable.
- Do not use chemical disinfectants prior to autoclaving or rapid deterioration of the material may occur.
- Cold liquid disinfection/sterilization, chemical vapor sterilization, and dry heat sterilization methods have not been tested or validated for efficacy and are not recommended for use.
- Do not immerse any components of the device in an ultrasonic bath.
Length: 22 cm
Light Emitted: 635 to 1350 nm
Weight: 0.149914 (68 g) with Batteries
Intensity: Between 4 and 80 microwatts (at Probe tip)
Input Voltage: 1.5 Vdc, AAA format Lithium Batteries, Alternate: Alkaline
Input Current: 15uA to 140mA
Operating Temperature: 60° to 85° F(15° to 30° C)
Relative Humidity: 25 % to 80 % without condensation
Storage Temperature: -40° to 131° F (-40° to 55° C)